- Founder(s): All DRUGSFORD consortium members
- Established: 2017
- CEO(s): Barbara Brunnhuber
- Employees: Currently our team works in a non-employed setting
- Financial Data: DRUGSFORD had a budget of about €5m. Currently closing Series A financing
- Website: https://www.mireca.eu/
Mireca Medicines GmbH works hard to prevent people from going blind from rare inherited retinal degeneration. Mireca develops a cGMP analogue to treat rare, inherited retinal degeneration for indications, such as Retinitis Pigmentosa, Leber’s Congenital Amaurosis, Stargardt’s Disease, across a wide band of mutations.
Mireca was founded by all members of DRUGSFORD, an EU/FP7 funded project, with the aim to further develop and commercialize the intellectual property generated during the project.
The company is located in Tübingen, and has its scientific roots in the University of Tübingen. The company’s development will greatly benefit from STZ Eyetrial Tübingen.